Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but many of us don’t have time every morning for a sit-down meal. Convenience is part of our lives, but that doesn’t mean you have to buy prepackaged breakfast foods or hit the drive thru. Try this simple recipe and in less than 30 minutes you’ll have a weeks’ worth or more of healthy and delicious breakfasts. Take a few minutes on a weekend to whip up these omelets on the go and you’ll have a quick and healthy breakfast in your hand as you are running out the door. No drive thru or prepackaged frozen entrées. Pick what you like and enjoy!
Grab-n-Go Omelet Cups
- 12 Eggs
- 3 strips Bacon cooked and chopped
- ½ cup Spinach chopped
- ½ cup Tomatoes diced
- ½ cup Green onion diced
- ½ cup Bell pepper diced
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a standard muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and milk. Whisk in salt and pepper.
- Fill each muffin tin ¼ -½ full with your choice of lowfat meat, vegetables and cheese.
- SLowly pour the egg mixture over the top of the filling. The egg mixture will fill in all the empty spaces.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the eggs are firm, tops spring back when touched, and a thermometer inserted into the center reaches 160°F.
- Allow to cool before putting into sandwich bags or other airtight container.
- Refrigerate up to 4 days.
- Freeze up to 1 month.
- To reheat, microwave for 30 seconds.