Sweet Potato Fries
A nutrient packed side dish.Print Recipe
- Baking sheet
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1.5 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Always wash hands before preparing food.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Grease a baking sheet with 1 Tablespoon olive oil.
- Wash sweet potatoes. With skins on, cut into 1/2 inch thick strips.
- In a large bowl, mix paprika, pepper, and cayenne. Drizzle with remaining oil and stir until well combined.
- Add potato strips to the bowl and toss until coated on all sides. Place in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Turn fries over and bake another 10-15 minutes, until tender on the inside and crispy on the outside. Enjoy!
Healthy Note: Replace the cayenne pepper with 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder for a milder flavor. For the crispiest fries, be sure the potatoes do not lie on top of each other on the baking sheet.
Calories: 172kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 83mg | Potassium: 512mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 21431IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1mg