When the stove and oven are full, a slow cooker comes in handy for these mashed potatoes.
Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
Bright pumpkin spice aroma make these Fall favorites tasty any time.Print Recipe
- 3 pounds potatoes washed and cut into quarters
- 6 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup skim milk
- Optional: 3 cloves fresh garlic finely chopped
- Wash hands before prepping food.
- Add potatoes to a 4-quart slow cooker and pour in enough water to cover; stir/
- Cook covered on high setting for 3 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Reduce heat to low; add soft vegetable oil spread, salt and pepper.
- Using a potato masher, mash until almost to the consistency you like.
- Stir in the milk and heat through.
Adapted from Idaho Potato Commission and American Heart Association.
Calories: 143kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 169mg | Potassium: 770mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 67IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 1mg