When times are hectic, such as Christmas week, you’ll want some quick and healthy meals. This tasty stew can be started in the morning for an easy hot dinner. *REMEMBER you can use whatever veggies you have on hand.
Slow Cooker Hamburger Stew
- Slow Cooker
- 1 pound ground beef lean
- ½ onion chopped
- 2 potatoes washed and cut into cubes
- 2 cans mixed vegetables 14.5 ounce, drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5 ounce, keep juice
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon oregano or another herb (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Wash hands before preparing food.
- In a frying pan, brown the ground beef. Drain fat.
- Place beef, onion, vegetables, tomatoes and water in slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours.
- Serve hot with a slice of whole grain bread.