This one bowl recipe is fun to make with kids and makes a tasty brownie that everyone will like!
Cinnamon Black Bean Brownies
One bowl, one potato masher, and one baking pan!Print Recipe
- 1 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Wash hands before preparing food.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray an 8-inch x 8-inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
- In a bowl, mash the beans with a potato masher until smooth.
- Add all the ingredients, except the chocolate chips, and continue mashing and mixing until completely smooth.
- Spread the batter evenly into the baking pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the batter.
- Bake until the top is dry, and the sides just begin to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 30 minutes. (To check, insert a knife into the center to make sure the middle is not raw.)
- Allow to cool before cutting 4 X 4 (16 pieces)
Serving: 12ounces | Sodium: 79mg | Calcium: 27mg | Vitamin C: 1mg | Vitamin A: 63IU | Sugar: 12g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 69mg | Cholesterol: 41mg | Calories: 89kcal | Trans Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Fat: 3g | Protein: 2g | Carbohydrates: 13g | Iron: 1mg