This recipe uses items that are good to have on hand such as whole grain pasta, low-fat cheese, and veggies of all kinds (Fresh, frozen, or canned). Try it once and it might become a family favorite when meal planning.
Veggie Mac & Cheese
- 6 cups whole wheat macaroni
- 4 cups vegetables of your choice washed and cooked (example: broccoli, spinach, or other vegetables.)
- 1 1/2 cups cheese shredded
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Wash hands before preparing food.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Cook vegetables in 1 cup boiling water for about a minute. Drain the veggies but keep the cooking water.
- Put the pasta and the veggies back into the pot over low heat.
- Add cheese and reserved water. Stir until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
- Add yogurt, spices, and stir until evenly coated and creamy.