Eat Smart Idaho is celebrating National Physical Fitness & Sports Month During May! #MoveInMay
Tell us what YOU do for fitness.
#MoveinMay Regular physical activity increases your chances of living a longer, healthier life. It reduces your risk for high blood pressure, heart disease, and some types of cancer. Yet in Idaho, more than 24% of people don’t get the recommended amount of physical activity. #EatSmartIdaho#FitTips#LongLiveIdaho
No matter what shape you are in, you can find activities that work for you. Together, we can get more active during the month of May! Find out more!
Here are some #FitTips to share during #MoveInMay…
- Aim for at least 2 1/2 hours of moderate activity each week.
- Do muscle-strengthening activities at least 2 days a week.
- Go for a 10 minute walk, several times a day.
- Stay on track: schedule active time just like appointments.
- Keep sneakers at work to mix in physical activity throughout the day.
Here’s a #MoveInMay #EatSmartIdaho #FitTip
Disc golf is getting so popular in Idaho, there are courses all over the state. You can play at any age so it’s a great lifetime sport. Watch this 60-second video to learn more https://youtu.be/E5AHVh_kNvg
#MoveInMay # EatSmartIdaho #FitTip #LongLiveIdaho #EatSmartIdahoInTheKitchen #LongLiveIdaho