May is National Mental Health Awareness Month.
Mental health issues do not all fit in one box. They come in different forms and shapes, but no matter which form someone is experiencing, it can be a struggle to function on a normal, day to day basis.
Here are some tips to help yourself, a family member, or a friend.
- Start the conversation about Mental Health – What is it? Have you or someone else you know experienced this?
- Take care of your body by eating nutritious meals, drinking water, and being physically active. Make sure to check out our other posts for additional tips.
- Be kind to yourself, especially if you are going through a rough time.
- Reach out to family and friends, whether it is through a phone call or video conference.
- Set realistic goals for yourself, whether they are personal or professional goals.
For more information, read about the Ten Things You Can Do for Your Mental Health: https://www.uhs.umich.edu/tenthings
Leave a Reply