Easy Turkey Skillet Dinner
This recipe is a wholesome Fall dinner dining option incorporating a lean protein, and a variety of vegetables. This cuisine would be best paired with a whole grain rice or pasta. A benefit of this dish is that different vegetables or protein sources can be substituted depending on flavor preferences. With a quick preparation time of 20 minutes and a low cost, this meal is ideal for a quick and simple, yet tasty, nutritious, and delicious dinnerPrint Recipe
- 3/4 pound Ground turkey 93/7
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 3 Tomatoes chopped
- 2 medium Zucchini diced small
- 3 Tbls Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1. Spray nonstick cooking spray in a large skillet.
- 1. Brown turkey and onion over medium heat until turkey is cooked through and onion is soft, about 10 minutes.
- 1. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, and seasonings. Simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- 1. Add zucchini and cook for 5 minutes more. Serve while hot!
Read about the importance of including a variety of vegetables and fruits in your diet here.