A great way to warm up AND get in a healthy dose of vegetables.
Kale and White Bean Soup
A great way to warm up while enjoying some veggies!Print Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onion 1 medium onion
- 4 cloves garlic minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups low-sodium broth any type
- 1 ½ cups cooked white beans or 1 can 15 ounces drained and rinsed
- 1 ¾ cups diced tomatoes or 1 can 14.5 ounces with juice
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3 cups chopped kale fresh or frozen
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, sauté onion and garlic in butter or margarine until soft.
- Add broth, white beans, and tomatoes; stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the kale and Italian seasoning. Simmer until kale has softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Cooking tip: 1 bunch fresh kale is about 8 cups, chopped