The ginger in this smoothie balances out the sweetness and gives it a zing! Kids love it!
Sweet & Spicy Green Smoothie
Ginger adds a little spice to balance the sweetness. It’s delicious!Print Recipe
- 1 cup canned pineapple or pear chunks, no-sugar added drained and frozen
- 1 banana washed, peeled, then frozen
- 2 teaspoons ginger root or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 10-12 ounces 100% apple juice (use more or less for the texture you like.)
- 1 cup spinach, fresh washed
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Try other fruits, veggies in season.
- Try other juices and spices to play with flavors.
- Add plain, non-fat yogurt for added protein.