We love Idaho apples, especially when they’re in season in the Fall. Check your area for apple picking farms. If you’re not near a farm, watch for good prices at the store when apples are in season.
Apple Tortilla Pocket Pies
- 4 whole wheat tortillas 8 inch
- 2 apples washed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- optional pinch sugar
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, stir together cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Chop apples into small pieces and stir together with cinnamon mixture.
- Warm tortillas in microwave for 10 seconds then lay flat on a baking sheet.
- Divide apple mixture between each tortilla.
- Fold over sides of tortillas then turn and roll up like a burrito.
- Brush each pocket pie with milk and sprinkle with sugar, if desired.
- Make a small cut across each pie to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes or until lightly brown.