Slow Cooker Overnight Apple Cinnamon Steel Cut Oatmeal
A delicious and nutrient-dense breakfast recipe for those hectic mornings.Print Recipe
- Slow Cooker
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups low-fat milk Or unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 apples cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- non-stick cooking spray
- Coat slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker and stir together. Place the lid on the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours. (Start at night and be ready in the morning. Ex: start at 10 pm and be ready at 6 am)
- Place cooked oatmeal in individual bowls and top with desired toppings. Enjoy as a warm breakfast!
- *Optional toppings: maple syrup, honey, nuts, seeds, fruit, shredded coconut, nut/seed butter.
An apple a day! This nutritious overnight recipe is great for busy mornings. Recipe tip: This recipe is a great way to use up old apples