Easy Potato Leek Soup
- Stock pot or large sauce pot
- serving spoon
- cutting board
- measuring spoons and cups
- immersion blender (or blender)
- 2 leeks white part only
- 6 russet potatoes medium
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cups low-sodium broth chicken or vegetable
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 4 cups leafy greens spinach, kale, or collards
- Wash leeks well under clean water (make sure to get between the layers). Slice the white part of the leeks and set aside.
- Scrub the outside of the potatoes under clean water. With skins on, cut potatoes into 1 inch cubes and set aside.
- Wash greens under clean water and cut into bite size pieces, set aside.
- In a medium to large pot, add olive oil and bring to temperature. Add sliced leeks and sauté about 2-3 minutes. Add potatoes and seasonings. Stir together and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Pour broth into the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover with lid. Simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- With an immersion blender*, blend half the soup, leaving chunks. Stir in leafy greens Once greens are wilted, serve in individual bowls and enjoy!(*Can use a blender instead. Just add half the soup to the blender, blend, and stir back into the soup.)
Serving: 4g | Sodium: 89mg | Calcium: 82mg | Vitamin C: 33mg | Vitamin A: 1202IU | Sugar: 4g | Fiber: 5g | Potassium: 1640mg | Calories: 348kcal | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fat: 5g | Protein: 12g | Carbohydrates: 68g | Iron: 4mg