Oats & whole wheat flour increase the nutrition in these tasty cookies.
Oatmeal ChocoChip Bean Cookies
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup white beans low sodium, cooked & pureed or mashed
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips about 6 ounces
- Wash hands before preparing food.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, and baking soda and whisk to mix evenly. Set aside.
- Rinse cooked beans, and puree until very smooth using a food processor or a potato masher and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine softened butter, white and brown sugar, and bean puree and mix until smooth then, add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fold in oatmeal and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Optional: Try adding chopped nuts, dried fruit, or different spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, or ginger!