Baked Tomatoes with Cheese
A seasonal summer recipe.Print Recipe
- 1 Knife
- 1 Baking Dish
- 1 Small bowl
- 2 Tomatoes large
- 1/3 cup low-fat cheese parmesan, Swiss, or cheddar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, minced
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Wash tomatoes and cut into 1 inch thick slices.
- Place tomato slices in a single layer in a shallow baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine the cheese, oregano, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Sprinkle mixture over the tomatoes.
- Bake 5-10 minutes or until cheese turns golden brown and starts to bubble.
- Serve warm and refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Learn more about this seasonal favorite by clicking here!