At the end of Summer in Idaho, gardens, markets, and stores are bursting with ripe produce. This recipe is a great way to enjoy Summer’s veggies.
Check out this seasonal produce calendar from Idaho Preferred to explore what’s in season any time of the year.
Summer Veggie Skillet
- cutting board
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 medium zucchini halved and sliced
- 1 ear sweet corn kernels cut off
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes chopped OR cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Wash hands for 20 seconds with warm water and soap.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté for about 3 minutes until softened. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add zucchini, corn kernels, tomatoes, salt, and pepper and cook until tender.
- Stir in basil and heat through. Serve warm.