Add some sweetness and crunch to your usual tuna sandwich with this recipe. You can easily substitute canned chicken for the tuna! Yum!
Apple Tuna Sandwich
Add some sweetness and crunch to your usual tuna sandwich with this recipe. You can easily substitute canned chicken instead of tuna.Print Recipe
- Can opener
- Sharp knife
- cutting board
- Spatula or spoon
- Medium Bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 1 can tuna in water (6 ½ ounce) drained well
- 1 apple washed and chopped
- ¼ cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 6 slices whole grain bread
- 3 lettuce leaves washed and dried
- Wash hands with warm water and soap.
- Wash and peel the apple then cut into small pieces.
- Drain the water from the can of tuna.
- Put the tuna, apple, yogurt, mustard, and honey in a medium bowl. Stir well.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the tuna mixture onto slices of bread.
- Top each sandwich with a slice of bread.
Store the remaining tuna apple filling in an airtight container in the refrigerator.