Carrot Cake Oatmeal Bake
Try your hand at an orange themed fall meal with this whole grain breakfast recipe!Print Recipe
- 8x8 inch baking pan
- mixing bowls
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup peanut butter or other nut/seed butter
- 2 cups milk or unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce or pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray an 8 or 9-inch pan or baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined, then let sit on the counter for 10 minutes for the oats to start absorbing some of the liquid.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared pan. Optional to sprinkle with crushed walnuts. Then bake for 35-45 minutes until golden brown on top. *Optional to bake as individual muffins (bake for 20-25 minutes).
- Serve warm with your choice of milk, fruit, and nuts or seeds (ex: walnuts, almonds, or pumpkin seeds)!