This easy marinara sauce is a tasty topping for spaghetti squash but there are lots of other toppings that go well with this or any other type of winter squash! Try sautéed mushrooms, onions or other veggies. Add a sprinkling of cheese. Include beans, cooked chicken, or another cooked meat.
Spaghetti Squash with Easy Marinara Sauce
- 1 whole spaghetti squash cooked
- 1 can crushed tomatoes 28 ounces
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Italian seasoning or oregano, basil, thyme
- Wash hands before preparing food. Scrub spaghetti squash well under clean water.
- Cook spaghetti squash by one of the methods in the notes section below:
- Using a fork, scrape the inner flesh away from the peel. It should flake off easily in strings, resembling spaghetti. Place the spaghetti squash flesh in a casserole dish and use just like pasta!
For the Sauce
- In a saucepot, over medium heat, add the crushed tomatoes and stir in Italian seasoning. Heat the sauce with medium-high heat for about 10 minutes.
- Stir into spaghetti squash until coated. Top with grated cheese such as parmesan