This recipe is a great healthy swap and can help to incorporate some healthy habits for the New Year.
Quinoa Lentil Taco "Meat"
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing Spoon
- parchment paper
- Baking sheet
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cooked lentils brown or green
- 1/2 cup low-sodium salsa
- 4 tbsp low-sodium taco seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients and stir until fully combined.
- Transfer mixture to a parchment paper lined baking sheet and spread into a thin layer.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until slightly crispy.
- Serve warm in a taco shell alongside your favorite taco toppings.
- *Can alternatively crisp in a skillet on medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes instead of baking.