Summer tomatoes are so tart, sweet, and juicy- there’s nothing like them. There are so many things you can cook with Summer tomatoes but one way to enjoy them sliced simply on top of crunchy whole grain toast with a little cottage cheese and chopped chives.
- toaster Toasting the bread is optional.
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 tablespoons cottage cheese
- 1 tomato large, sliced
- ½ teaspoon chives chopped
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- Wash hands with soap and warm water for 20 seconds.
- Toast whole grain bread or try whole grain English muffins or bagels
- Spread cottage cheese cheese over toast slices.
- Place tomatoes on each slice.
- Top with tomatoes with chopped chives and a pinch of pepper and salt