Mini Taco Stuffed Peppers
- 1 Baking Dish
- 1 Knife
- 1 Spoon
- 1 pan or skillet
- 1 Spatula/Turner
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 packet low sodium taco seasoning
- 16 mini bell peppers
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Always wash hands before preparing food.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- Wash peppers and cut in half lengthwise. Remove ribs and seeds by scraping with a small spoon.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground meat and cook for 5-7 minutes, until browned or cooked through. Stir in taco seasoning midway through cooking.
- With a small spoon, scoop meat mixture evenly into each pepper. Place on baking sheet. Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until peppers have softened slightly.
- Remove peppers from oven and top with cheese. Return to the oven for 1-2 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Stir together yogurt and lime juice until well combined. Top peppers with yogurt and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Try other fillings such as black beans, corn, or other favorite vegetables.