Quinoa is a healthy whole grain that's full of protein. It can be served hot or cold and can easily be served as a side or a main dish any time of the year.
- 1 cup quinoa, dry
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- Rinse quinoa in a fine mesh sieve until water runs clear. Drain and transfer to a medium sauce pan.
- Add water and salt, if desired, and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer until water is absorced, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Set aside off the heat for 5 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork. Enjoy!
Serve warm with roasted veggies, or toss cold with low-fat feta cheese, olives, and chopped tomatoes, peppers, and green onion for a Greek-inspired salad.
Downloadable PDF! Cooking Quinoa