Cooking Whole Wheat Pasta
- 1 pound whole wheat spaghetti, fettuccine, or linguine
- 4-6 quarts water
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt (optional)
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot.
- Add salt, if using, and pasta. Return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until pasta is soft on the outside and chewy on the inside, about 12 minutes. Cooking times will vary slightly with the thickness of the pasta.
- Drain the water in a colander and enjoy!
Toss with pesto, or with extra-virgin olive oil, chopped garlic, lemon juice, and crushed red pepper flakes for a simple dish. Top with tomato sauce, black olives, and browned extra-lean ground beef for a balanced, wholesome meal.
Downloadable PDF! Cooking Whole Wheat Pasta