Cooking Whole Wheat Pasta
- 1 pound whole wheat spaghetti, fettuccine, or linguine
- 4-6 quarts water
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt optional
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot.
- Add salt, if using, and pasta. Return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until pasta is soft on the outside and chewy on the inside, about 10-12 minutes. Stir occassionally. Cooking times will vary slightly with the thickness of the pasta.
- Drain off the water in a colander. Enjoy!
Toss with pesto, or with extra-virgin olive oil, chopped garlic, lemon juice, and crushed red pepper flakes for a simple dish. Top with tomato sauce, black olives, and browned extra-lean ground beef for a balanced, wholesome meal.