This side is perfect for any summer dish. Cook asparagus in the oven, or even try throwing it on the grill!
- 8 spears asparagus washed
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced, or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh washed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Trim off the tough ends of the asparagus.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, garlic, pepper, salt, and lemon juice. Toss to coat evenly.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
Yummy Tip 1: Sprinkle with a little Parmesan cheese and some chopped fresh parsley while still hot for a light cheesy bite. Yummy tip 2: You may either serve these hot right away, or cool, chill, and serve on a salad.
Sodium: 312mg | Calcium: 18mg | Vitamin C: 3mg | Vitamin A: 99IU | Sugar: 1g | Fiber: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Calories: 103kcal | Saturated Fat: 2g | Fat: 11g | Protein: 1g | Carbohydrates: 1g | Iron: 1mg