Make a meal your family and friends can enjoy together with this zesty, flavor-packed recipe. Letting everyone choose their own toppings makes taco night a summer hit! This is a fun easy recipe to try at home with your kids or friends. Eating together at home could help build healthier eating habits. Help build some healthy eating skills, and make meal-time your own with Family Taco Night.
- 3 Garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp Canola oil
- 1 pound 93% Lean ground turkey
- 15 ounces Canned pinto beans reduced sodium
- 24 ounce Salsa
- 1 cup Non fat plain yogurt
- 1 Lime
- 8 Corn tortillas
- 3 cups Dark leafy green washed and shredded
- 1 bunch Cilantro washed and chopped
- 1 Avocado pitted and sliced
- 1 cup Shredded Mexican blend cheese reduced fat
- Wash hands with soap and water
- 1. Wash greens and place in a strainer to remove excess water. Drain and rinse the beans.
- 1. Heat 1 Tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add minced garlic, and cook 1 minute. Add turkey and cook for about 5 minutes, until browned.
- 1. Stir in beans, salsa, and half the yogurt. Sprinkle the lime juice over the top. Turn burner to low and let flavors marinate.
- 1. While meat simmers, cut the tortillas into strips with a pizza cutter or knife. Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, add the strips, and brown slightly. Once browned, add strips to the meat mixture.
- 1. To serve, make a bed or greens, top with meat and tortilla mixture, garnish with avocado, cheese, and the remaining yogurt. Enjoy!