Eating healthy does not have to be boring! Try these fun, holiday treats that the whole family will love! They are simple, delicious, and healthy!
Peanut butter is not only delicious, but it is full of protein, fiber, and healthy fats to keep you full for hours. While peanut butter may be higher in calories, 180 calories per 2 tablespoons, try to limit your peanut butter intake to one serving at a time. Those extra calories and added sugar during the holidays can sneak up on you if you are not paying attention. That is why it is important to read the nutrition facts label on your peanut butter jar. Not all brands are created equal.
Peanut butter and bananas also make an excellent pre-workout snack! The banana provides you with energy and peanut butter with protein.
Peanut Butter Celery Reindeer
Try our Peanut Butter Celery Reindeer! You can substitute the peanut butter for almond or sunflower seed butter for a different flavor or if you are allergic to peanut butter. https://www.forkandbeans.com/2016/12/12/peanut-butter-celery-reindeer-sticks/
- 5 celery ribs, end trimmed and cut in half
- Peanut butter (or seed butter of choice)
- 20 pretzels, cut in half
- 20 homemade googly eyes (or pre-made googly eyes)
- 10 fresh raspberries
- Slather the peanut butter into the celery ribs.
- Add the antlers, eyes, and nose for the full Rudolph face.
- Watch your kids eat and devour this snack!
Chocolate Banana Penguins
Our Chocolate Banana Penguins will satisfy your sweet tooth and are fun to eat!https://www.mamaliefde.nl/blog/makkelijke-kersthapjes-school-kerstdiner-maken/#Nutella_kerstboom
- Bananas, cut in half
- Melting chocolate
- Reese’s Pieces or M&M’s, cut in half
- Small white tub of frosting for eyes
- Mini chocolate chips
- Peel bananas and cut in half.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, cooled to room temperature.
- Dip the non-cut end of the banana in the chocolate. Add a dab of melted chocolate to the cut end of the banana.
- Before the chocolate has cooled, add one orange M&M for the nose and two orange M&M’s to the chocolate on the cut-end for the feet.
- Once the chocolate has cooled, use the white frosting to make eye’s right above the nose. Add mini chocolate chips to the white frosting. Enjoy!
-To add variety, take a popsicle stick and insert it in the cut-side of the banana after decorating. Place in the freezer for a healthy frozen treat!