When it is cold in Idaho, warmer parts of the country are picking ripe, fresh oranges, grapefruits, lemons, and other sweet or tangy citrus fruits. This is the time of year when these fruits taste wonderful and prices are lower! So, when the weather gets chilly, break out the citrus recipes!
Carrot, Jicama, and Orange Salad
- 3 cups jicama peeled and cut into small pieces (about 2 small jicama)
- 1 cup carrots peeled and grated (about 2 medium carrots)
- 2 cups oranges peeled and cut into small pieces (about 2 small oranges)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice juice from 1/4 orange
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- ¼ salt
- Wash hands before preparing food.
- In a medium bowl, mix jicama, carrots, and oranges.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, orange juice, honey, lime juice, and salt. Mix well.
- Pour over the salad and stir together.
- Serve immediately and refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Freeze extra lime juice to use later.