A tasty heart-healthy dish.
Neapolitan Tuna Fettucine
- 8 ounces whole-grain fettuccine pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can no-salt-added diced tomatoes 14.5 oz. can
- 5 ounces canned tuna packed in water, drained
- ¼ cup sliced ripe olives drained (or 1-2.2 ounce can)
- ground pepper to taste
- Wash hands before prepping food.
- Cook whole grain fettuccine as label directs. Reserve 1 cup cooking liquid; drain.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, in hot oil, cook onion and garlic, about 5 minutes until just softened. Add diced tomatoes and capers; simmer 5 minutes. Add tuna, olives, salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss fettuccine with tuna mixture to mix well. Serve immediately. If necessary, add reserved cooking liquid.
*Adapted from Cans Get You Cooking
Sodium: 225mg | Calcium: 42mg | Vitamin C: 3mg | Vitamin A: 53IU | Sugar: 1g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 225mg | Cholesterol: 13mg | Calories: 284kcal | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fat: 6g | Protein: 16g | Carbohydrates: 46g | Iron: 3mg