A tasty heart-healthy dish.
Neapolitan Tuna Fettucine
A delicious meal made with pantry staplesPrint Recipe
- 8 ounces whole-grain fettuccine pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can no-salt-added diced tomatoes 14.5 oz. can
- 5 ounces canned tuna packed in water, drained
- ¼ cup sliced ripe olives drained (or 1-2.2 ounce can)
- ground pepper to taste
- Wash hands before prepping food.
- Cook whole grain fettuccine as label directs. Reserve 1 cup cooking liquid; drain.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, in hot oil, cook onion and garlic, about 5 minutes until just softened. Add diced tomatoes and capers; simmer 5 minutes. Add tuna, olives, salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss fettuccine with tuna mixture to mix well. Serve immediately. If necessary, add reserved cooking liquid.
Learn more about pantry staples here *Adapted from Cans Get You Cooking