Canned pears make these enpanadas quick to make.
- 2 cups Canned Pears drained and diced
- 1 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 8 Frozen whole grain biscuits (2.25-3 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 350F°.
- Allow biscuit rounds to come to room temperature.
- In a bowl, combine the pears, cornstarch, sugar and cinnamon, mixing well to evenly coat the pears. Set aside.
- Roll out each biscuit to a 6” circle.
- Spoon 1/4 cup filling onto the bottom half of each circle.
- Brush warm water on outside edges of the biscuit dough before folding over the top. Use a fork to press and seal the edges.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown. Allow the empanadas to cool on the pan before serving.
Sodium: 5mg | Calcium: 5mg | Vitamin C: 2mg | Vitamin A: 10IU | Sugar: 5g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 47mg | Calories: 39kcal | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fat: 1g | Protein: 1g | Carbohydrates: 10g | Iron: 1mg