Pear Breakfast Bread Pudding
Perfect for breakfast or brunch!Print Recipe
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1.2 cup Light brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 4 cups Whole grain bread cut into cubes
- 15 ounce Canned pears drained and chopped
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Granola
- Wash hands with soap and water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8 by 8-inch baking pan and set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Add the bread cubes and mix well to insure that they’re moistened with the custard.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and arrange the pears on top. Sprinkle with the cinnamon and granola, and bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Wondering about whole grains? Check out our blog post here on the importance of whole grains!