The key to all Fall activities is layers!
Worried about being too cold? Then put on jacket! Worried about being too hot once you get moving? Then wear a t-shirt underneath! Sometimes our biggest excuse for not going outside is the fact that we don’t know what to wear when being active. A simple solution is to go outside and get moving. Over the course of a couple of days you will be surprised as to what you will learn about how to dress for the occasion. Once you are dressed and ready to brave the outdoors, there are many fun activities to choose from this Fall.
- Plan a scavenger hunt with your kids.
- Play I-spy or find the colors of the rainbow on a walk around a local park or hiking area.
- Collect acorns or pinecones on your walk (you could even make a competition out of it) and save them to see how many you can collect in a month.
- Rake the endless amount of leaves in your yard or a neighbor’s yard.
- Find the nearest corn or hay maze.
- Sign up for a 5k walk or half-marathon in a cool location or for your favorite charity.
Or for some indoor lovers’ ideas:
- Stay inside and follow along with YouTube HITT/Yoga/Pilates instructors – start with 5 minutes and watch as you can build up to 30 minutes or even 1 hour!
- Get your jumping jacks and lunges going.
- Turn on your favorite music and dance to it (make sure to dance like nobody is watching!)
- Go to the local indoor swimming pool.
- Break out the tennis or racket ball gear.
- Jump your way to the trampoline park.
If you already plan out your meals for the week, why not plan out your physical activity too? Here is a simple planner to get your gears turning for your Fall fitness activities: