A starchy vegetable full of vitamins A, C, fiber, potassium, and FLAVOR!
Sweet Potato Apple Casserole
A new twist on sweet potatoes!Print Recipe
- 4 Sweet potatoes scrubbed with a vegetable brush under running water, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 Apples washed under cold running water, sliced
- ½ cup Orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ cup raisins or other dried fruit
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil or spray with nonstick cooking spray a 3-quart casserole dish and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, mix together orange juice, butter, cinnamon, and raisins. Heat and continue to stir until the butter is melted.
- In a large bowl, mix together the potatoes, apples, and orange juice mixture. Transfer to a casserole dish. Bake, covered, for 1 hour or until the sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- Stir the mixture before serving to coat the sweet potatoes and apples with the juices accumulated at the bottom.
Serve at Thanksgiving or with leftover turkey. Learn all about keeping leftovers safe here.
Roasted Savory Sweet Potato Salad
- 2 Sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp White vinegar
- 1 Red bell pepper diced
- 2 Celery stalks diced
- 10 Chives minced
- Wash hands with soap and water
- Heat the oven to 425 ° F.
- Pour the sweet potato cubes evenly in a large baking tin.
- Sprinkle with the oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast, turning the pieces occasionally, until they are soft and lightly browned. (about40 minutes).
- Meanwhile, mix yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, and vinegar in a large bowl. Add the sweet potato, pepper, celery, and scallions, and stir so the sweet potatoes are coated.
Bring along to a summer potluck or serve as a side dish.