A starchy vegetable full of vitamins A, C, fiber, potassium, and FLAVOR!
Sweet Potato Apple Casserole
A new twist on sweet potatoes!Print Recipe
- 4 Sweet potatoes scrubbed with a vegetable brush under running water, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 Apples washed under cold running water, sliced
- ½ cup Orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ cup raisins or other dried fruit
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil or spray with nonstick cooking spray a 3-quart casserole dish and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, mix together orange juice, butter, cinnamon, and raisins. Heat and continue to stir until the butter is melted.
- In a large bowl, mix together the potatoes, apples, and orange juice mixture. Transfer to a casserole dish. Bake, covered, for 1 hour or until the sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- Stir the mixture before serving to coat the sweet potatoes and apples with the juices accumulated at the bottom.
Calories: 156kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 67mg | Potassium: 535mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 16087IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1mg
Roasted Savory Sweet Potato Salad
- 2 Sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp White vinegar
- 1 Red bell pepper diced
- 2 Celery stalks diced
- 10 Chives minced
- Wash hands with soap and water
- Heat the oven to 425 ° F.
- Pour the sweet potato cubes evenly in a large baking tin.
- Sprinkle with the oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast, turning the pieces occasionally, until they are soft and lightly browned. (about40 minutes).
- Meanwhile, mix yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, and vinegar in a large bowl. Add the sweet potato, pepper, celery, and scallions, and stir so the sweet potatoes are coated.
Calories: 104kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 141mg | Potassium: 307mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 11381IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg