Healthy, budget friendly family meal that will keep you full and cozy!
Affordable, easy recipe to try at home with the family!Print Recipe
- 28 oz canned green enchilada sauce
- 2 cups cooked or canned beans, drained (pinto,black,kidney)
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 15 oz drained canned corn or 1 1/2 cups of frozen corn
- 12 corn tortillas
- 3 cups shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix the sauce, beans, rice, and corn until combined.
- Place half the mixture in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish, or divide half the mixture between two 9-inch square or round pans. (Option: cover with foil and freeze up to a month for a quick meal later).
- Lay the corn tortillas evenely over the top and cover with remining mixture. Top with cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes. Remove foil and bake 15-20 more minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Cut large pan into 8 servings or smaller pans into 4 servings each. Enjoy hot!
- Healthy Tip: Add some variety by adding leftover cooked meat and/or veggies.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 440kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 1143mg | Potassium: 431mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 1086IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 264mg | Iron: 3mg