Try this great summer recipe using seasonal strawberries. It can be used as a topping on pancakes or waffles or mixed in with yogurt.
Jump to Recipe
Try this great summer recipe using seasonal strawberries. It can be used as a topping on pancakes or waffles or mixed in with yogurt.Print Recipe
- 3 cups strawberries fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cups water
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed 100% lemon juice
- Wash hands before preparing food.
- In a medium saucepan, add strawberries, water, lemon zest, and cinnamon.
- Bring to a low boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until a thick sauce is formed.
- Stir in lemon juice.
Serve warm or store in refrigerator for up to 4 days. Enjoy over pancakes, waffles, or yogurt!
Serving: 0.5cup | Sodium: 2mg | Calcium: 22mg | Vitamin C: 69mg | Vitamin A: 16IU | Sugar: 6g | Fiber: 3g | Potassium: 178mg | Calories: 38kcal | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fat: 1g | Protein: 1g | Carbohydrates: 9g | Iron: 1mg