While out walking, hiking, or biking the local Idaho trails take this simple snack with you for a healthy treat.
Poppin’ Corn Trail Mix
While out walking, hiking, or biking the local Idaho trails take this simple snack with you for a healthy treat.Print Recipe
- 7-10 cups popped popcorn (1 air popper batch)
- 2 cups whole grain cereal low-sugar
- 1 cup dried fruit such as raisins or cranberries
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Wash hands before preparing food.
- Mix ingredients together.
For variation, don’t be afraid to mix things up! Add some nuts or seeds (walnuts or sunflower seeds) for extra crunch and protein; use pretzels or small snack crackers instead of cereal; try other dried ingredients such as coconut flakes; or make it spicy with a dash of chili powder. Looking for trails? Click here to read about Idaho trails!