Here’s a tasty and healthy campfire dessert.
Campfire Apple Pocket
While camping, a healthy dessert is a great treat.Print Recipe
- 1 apple washed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- pinch of cinnamon
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Place apple slices on a large piece of foil, double layered.
- Sprinkle with raisins, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Wrap the foil around the apple and folder over to seal. leave a little space for steam to circulate and cook the food.
- Twist the ends into handles to make the packets easier to pick up.
- Place packet on a grill or just above white coals in your campfire.
- Using long-handled tongs, turn the packets after 5 minutes and cook 3-5 minutes more. Times may vary according to the hotness of the coals.
- Remove packet from the coals using tongs.
- Using hot pads or oven mitts, unwrap the apple packet and let cool for a few minutes on a plate before serving.
Not camping? No problem! Make these at home over a backyard safe fire or on the grill! Recipe adapted from University of Nebraska Extension