An easy, delicious meal the entire family will enjoy. This slow cooker soup is great for preparing ahead of time for those busy evenings.
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
A warm hearty meal with minimal prep!Print Recipe
- Slow Cooker
- 3 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 2 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 2 15 ounce cans black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce no salt added
- 1 4 ounce can green chilies
- 1 c salsa
- 1 c frozen corn
- shredded cheese
- cooked rice or corn chips
- fresh cilantro chopped
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Spray slow cooker bowl with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts in bottom of slow cooker.
- Wash hands with soap and water after handling uncooked chicken.
- Add tomatoes, black beans, tomato sauce, green chilies, salsa and corn. Gently mix.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.
- Remove chicken breast and shred. Return to slow cooker and stir.
- Serve over rice or top with cheese, tortilla chips or cilantro, if desired.
*Nutrition information calculated without additional toppings or rice* Check out our blog post here for tips to keep your pantry stocked!