Thanksgiving means many things. Family, friends, and of course, lots of delicious food!
While you’re waiting for your turkey to cook, or in between dinner and dessert, get up and be ACTIVE!
Being active on Thanksgiving is a time for family bonding. Getting everyone moving also helps prevent overeating and getting that yearly food coma.
Here are so many fun ways to incorporate fun activities into your Thanksgiving holiday.
- Take a walk around the neighborhood
- Kids can look for colorful leaves that have fallen while the adults enjoy the fresh air and good conversations.
- Turn on some music and dance.
- If you have young children in the home, check out these fun dances.
Turkey Dance Freeze https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpNZvy_ysVQ
Turkey Hokey Pokey https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxfajHBG9Rg
- Play Flag football.
- Get outside and play some football before the “real” game starts.
- Run a local Turkey Trot 5k.
- See if your city is hosting a Thanksgiving Day 5k. These are usually planned for early morning hours so you can get back home to cook. These are also family friendly.
Whatever activity your family decides to do, make it a tradition. Incorporating physical activity into your holidays can be fun and beneficial.