You may have tried our Slow Cooker Apple Cranberry Stuffing. If you don’t have a slow cooker and prefer to bake your stuffing in an oven, this is a winner! Try using fresh pears or any other dried fruit.
Baked Apple Raisin Whole Wheat Stuffing
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Baking Dish
- 10 cups whole wheat bread cubed
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups non-fat milk
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 medium apples washed, cored, and chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place bread cubes in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In medium saucepan, combine the water, onion, celery, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. (Do not drain.)
- Pour the hot mixture over the bread cubes.
- Stir in the milk and egg.
- Gently fold in the apples, and raisins.
- Spoon stuffing into a baking dish and bake for 1 hour until top is golden