When the stove and oven are full, a slow cooker comes in handy for these mashed potatoes.
Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
Creamy, delicious, and so easy in a slow cooker!Print Recipe
- 3 pounds potatoes washed and cut into quarters
- 6 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup skim milk
- Optional: 3 cloves fresh garlic finely chopped
- Wash hands before prepping food.
- Add potatoes to a 4-quart slow cooker and pour in enough water to cover; stir.
- Cook covered on high setting for 3 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Reduce heat to low; add vegetable oil, salt and pepper.
- Using a potato masher, mash until almost to the consistency you like.
- Stir in the milk and heat through.
Adapted from Idaho Potato Commission and American Heart Association. Serve as a side with your favorite protein source and a vegetable or our cranberry apple salad for a complete meal.