Slow Cooker Hamburger Stew
This delicious stew can be started in the morning for a ready-to-eat hot dinner.Print Recipe
- Slow Cooker
- 1 pound ground beef lean
- ½ onion chopped
- 2 potatoes washed and cut into cubes
- 2 cans mixed vegetables 14.5 ounce, drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5 ounce, keep juice
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon oregano or another herb (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Wash hands before preparing food.
- In a frying pan, brown the ground beef. Drain fat.
- Place beef, onion, vegetables, tomatoes and water in slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours.
- Serve hot with a slice of whole grain bread.
NOTE: You can cook, cool, and refrigerate the ground beef ahead of time so you can make the morning prep faster. Recipe adapted from http://www.myplate.gov/recipes/supplemental-nutrition-assistance-program-snap/slow-cooker-hamburger-stew
Serving: 1cup | Sodium: 103mg | Calcium: 69mg | Vitamin C: 27mg | Vitamin A: 5462IU | Sugar: 2g | Fiber: 6g | Potassium: 716mg | Cholesterol: 40mg | Calories: 266kcal | Trans Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Fat: 12g | Protein: 15g | Carbohydrates: 27g | Iron: 3mg