Slow Cooker Hamburger Stew
This delicious stew can be started in the morning for a ready-to-eat hot dinner.Print Recipe
- Slow Cooker
- 1 pound ground beef 90/10 lean
- ½ onion chopped
- 2 potatoes washed and cut into cubes
- 2 cans mixed vegetables 14.5 ounce, drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5 ounce, keep juice
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon oregano or another herb (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Wash hands before preparing food.
- In a frying pan, brown the ground beef. Drain fat.
- Place beef, onion, vegetables, tomatoes and water in slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours.
- Serve hot with a slice of whole grain bread.
NOTE: You can cook, cool, and refrigerate the ground beef ahead of time so you can make the morning prep faster. Recipe adapted from http://www.myplate.gov/recipes/supplemental-nutrition-assistance-program-snap/slow-cooker-hamburger-stew