Healthy Hot Chocolate
A delicious drink the whole family can enjoy!Print Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk coconut, almond, oat, soy, or low-fat dairy milk
- 2 1/2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 1 -2 tbsp. honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pour milk of choice into a medium sauce pan and warm over medium heat until hot, but not boiling. Simmer for 5 minutes.2. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk over heat for 2 minutes.3. Pour into mugs and top with cinnamon if desired. 4. Enjoy!
*Nutrition facts are calculated using coconut milk* This recipe can be made using low-fat milk as well. Get the kids involved, let them add the ingredients to the sauce pan and enjoy together!