Roasted vegetables fast easy to prepare. Depending on the season, use other veggies. Consider white potatoes, winter squash, and sage.
Oven-Roasted Vegetables with Herbs
- 3 sweet potatoes medium-size, peeled and cut into 1” pieces
- 3 carrots peeled, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 red onion peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- ⅛ cup fresh rosemary leaves minced
- ⅛ cup fresh thyme leaves minced
- 1 Pinch salt to taste
- Wash hands before preparing food.
- Heat the oven to 400° F.
- In a large bowl, stir together, olive oil, and pepper, garlic, rosemary, and thyme.
- Add the sweet potatoes, carrots, and onions, and toss together to coat vegetables well.
- Spread the mixture evenly on a baking sheet and bake, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour or until golden and tender.
- As soon as the pan is removed from the oven, sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Transfer to a platter, garnish with fresh rosemary, and serve.
Find more recipes that use fresh herbs here: Cooking With Herbs | Mississippi State University Extension Service (msstate.edu)