This basic sauce is perfect with cooked pasta, polenta, spaghetti squash, and more! Be sure to use lo or no sodium tomatoes.
Marinara Sauce with Ground Beef
This basic sauce is perfect with cooked pasta, polenta, spaghetti squash, and more!Print Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef 90/10
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons Italian seasoning or oregano, basil, thyme
- Wash hands before preparing food.
- Preheat a skillet over low heat while gathering ingredients.
- Carefully add the oil to the skillet, then add the ground beef, stirring gently to break up the meat.
- Cook until meat is browned, and the internal temperature reaches 160°F using a meat thermometer.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and stir in Italian seasoning.
- Bring the sauce to a boil then simmer over medium-low heat for 25-30 minutes, stirring often.
- Serve with cooked pasta, cooked polenta, cooked spaghetti squash, and more!
Serve with your favorite whole grain pasta, spaghetti squash or polenta!