Tangy Summer Crunch Salad
- cutting board
- Mixing bowl
- 1 large cucumber about 2 cups (or summer squash)
- 1 large tomato
- 1 small onion or 3 large green onions
- 1 handful fresh herbs ex: dill, cilantro, mint, etc.
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice about half a lemon (or vinegar)
- black pepper to taste
- Wash all vegetables under clean water, prepare vegetables as listed below, and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut the cucumbers in half lengthwise, then slice into half-moons
- Dice tomato into bite size pieces.
- Finely dice the onions.
- Chop all the herbs.
- Once the prepared vegetables have been added to the mixing bowl, add in the lemon juice and black pepper, then mix until all ingredients are distributed evenly.
- Serve fresh on its own, over a bed of greens, or added to cooked whole grains and/or beans.
Sodium: 10mg | Calcium: 40mg | Vitamin C: 28mg | Vitamin A: 1029IU | Sugar: 6g | Fiber: 3g | Potassium: 484mg | Calories: 51kcal | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fat: 1g | Protein: 2g | Carbohydrates: 11g | Iron: 1mg