Including more legumes in your meals can be great for your overall health, help you save money, and be a fun and delicious way to try new recipes!
These nutrient dense blondies are great for breakfast, a snack or dessert!Print Recipe
- blender/food processor
- Mixing bowl
- 8 x 8 baking pan
- Mixing Spoon
- 3-4 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas cooked
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup sweet potato cooked and mashed (or applesauce)
- 4 tablespoons nut or seed butter of choice
- 1/2 cup milk or unsweetened plant based milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspooon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 360°F.
- Soak raisins in hot water for at least 10 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, grind oats into a flour.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour batter into an 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until fully cooked and golden.
- *enjoy fresh for dessert, snack or breakfast.
- *Store in the refrigerator in a sealed continer.
Try serving alongside greek yogurt and honey or maple syrup for a delicious well-balanced meal or snack!