Fall is a great time to enjoy the changing of the seasons while getting your family out and about as the weather cools a bit. Staying physically active is important for maintaining good health. Try these fun and active family ideas:
- Take a walk around the neighborhood. Check out the fall decorations people are putting out.
- Play in the leaves with your kids. This could be in your yard or at an area park. Make a maze through the leaves and then put them in a pile to jump in.
- Explore area trails. You choose – walking, running or riding bikes. Whatever works for your family. Take this time to enjoy the changing colors of the trees.
- Visit an area pumpkin patch. Just do a search online for pumpkin patches near me. This is a great way to get out and move your body while enjoying the season.
- Find a corn maze. Make it into a race to see who can complete the maze the fastest. Many corn mazes have a hunt to find different stations throughout their maze and then be the first person out.
- Visit an apple orchard. Who doesn’t love the taste of a freshly picked apple. Visit a nearby apple orchard! Pick your own apples and eat them fresh or search for some apple recipes online such as a tasty apple crisp, a warm applesauce, or bob for apples to celebrate your harvest! Children are usually more likely to try a fruit or vegetable they pick or get from an orchard.
- Go on a scavenger hunt. A scavenger hunt could be done in your yard, neighborhood or park. Create a list or look for one on-line. Here are some items that could be included in your fall scavenger hunt:
- Spider Web
- Red Leaf
- Something Rough
- Something Round
- Something Smooth
Leave a Reply