Try out some of your new environmentally friendly kitchen tips with this Green Pasta Sauce recipe:
Green Pasta Sauce
Great way to get your greens in!Print Recipe
- cutting board
- 1 box whole wheat pasta
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 3 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup cream or canned coconut milk for dairy free
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast for diary free
- Boil pasta until fully cooked (reserve 1 cup of pasta water), then set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium high heat, add 2 Tbsp. olive oil and sauté onion, garlic, zucchini, and spinach. Cook until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender, add sautéed vegetables, cream and lemon juice, then blend until smooth. May need to gradually add reserved pasta water to achieve desired consistency.
- Mix together cooked pasta with blended green pasta sauce. Sprinkle parmesan cheese overtop and enjoy!